Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bexley in the Dispatch

I recently wondered aloud who would apply for the vacancy on the Bexley Board of Education. Even though there are more than 230,000 daily readers of the Dispatch (a fact I looked up in one of those piques where you end up defending something you would never defend if it weren't for the principle of the situation... perhaps other sons-in-law might understand), I sometimes feel like the CD listens to me personally. Not only did they tell me who got the job (something I expected to find only in one of the weeklies), they listed all of the applicants and their major work experience. Thanks.

One of the things I usually don't like about the Dispatch is the commentary by Mike Harden. Normally I wouldn't throw stones from my glass house, but I wanted to highlight my appreciation for today's piece on Woodland Meadows. I've talked about Mr. Newbery, the City, the neighbors, etc. I may have mentioned the creditors. But not like Mr. Harden did. So thanks.

Finally, in what I think is a completely unrelated development, the state has approved a tax-abatement zone (purple) within the city of Bexley (blue border). Depending on what does get done with Woodland Meadows (red), investment in north Bexley might soon be somewhat more attractive.



No comments: