Thursday, September 14, 2006

What a difference an hour makes.

In the post below, I wrote of a need to get more buzz on the race in OH-12. Then, while catching up on things I've been far too busy to pay attention to over the past 48 hours, I see:

The Delaware Gazette, smack dab in the middle of a conservative county that Tiberi MUST win to stay in office, prints a scathing opinion piece about Pa(rro)t:









Then I see that BSB has taken the exact approach I would take, if this blog had a wider scope. In a piece commenting on the over-hyped GOPGOTV machine they state:

The GOP are not going to be able to spend this kind of cash in all the congressional races in November to bail out their struggling candidates. Pryce isn't going to get 86 out of state paid ground staff, neither is Chabot or Tiberi.

Following that same breath tactic, a recent DailyKos diary listing possible pickups of Republican held seats lists Cranley, Shamansky, and Kilroy.

So it started without me. Good. There's lots of noise in the race to control the House this mid-term. It'll take a greater amount of signal than normal to get on the radar. I'm not involved with any campaigns (I haven't even had time to canvass or phone-bank yet this season), and I'm certainly no expert in campaign communication, but it seems to me that at this point in the cycle, news of Tiberi's vulnerability will go further than news of Shamansky's popularity and viability. First things first. Onward and upward.


No comments: