Monday, March 24, 2008

So-and-So Explains Such-and-Such

Notice:

This post once contained a link to a news story, and some snarky commentary about the insularity of local government/politics. Regular readers of this blog were aware of (or at least could be reasonably assumed to be aware of) the context in which the post was made. It has come to my attention that this post is now most commonly viewed after a Google search, by folks who don't have the benefit of that context, leading to some confusion and misunderstanding.

This puts me in a bit of a bind, as community standards for political blogging strongly discourage the scrubbing of content. Even retracted material is typically indicated by striking it like so, rather than deleting it, and nothing in this post warranted retraction. On the other hand, I've always sought to be fair to the subjects of my posts, and I've been open with my readers that I was willing to make reasonable accommodations for public figures who were willing to go on the record.

So, as a result, the original content of this post has been moved to a private archive. There wasn't much to see here, and the story I linked to is still accessible on the 'nets. In addition, if you think you have a legitimate interest in seeing what I wrote, contact me.

Thanks.