Sunday, March 04, 2007

If you can't say something nice...

After spending all of my weekend on-line time making or almost making irritated-to-enraged comments on other blogs instead of posting here, I'm left without much inspiration. Believe it or no, most of the time I don't particularly care for being irritated. Sometimes I enjoy a bit of righteous indignation, but I like to save the expression of that for targets that... well for GOP-aligned political figures, generally.

So after several encounters I have an internal alarm go off that demands me to introspect upon the question: "Is it actually the case that 80% of the 80% of people who aren't simply irritating all of the time are suddenly and simultaneously irritating, or are am I just being an irritable jerk?"

The great thing about this kind of introspection is that no matter the answer, you're distracted enough for long enough that the question becomes moot.

Here's hoping.

No comments: