Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Blog Updates

1) Candidates. I've added links to the websites of the Dem candidates in major races on the ballot here in Bexley. John O'Grady has a very snazzy site, I recommend just taking a peek. Nancy Garland hasn't updated her site at all since the primary, but I'll keep checking. I haven't even looked at Paula Brooks' page, as I didn't realize until today that she will actually have an opponent. At David Robinson's site, you can find out all sorts of nifty stuff on how to get involved with his grassroots-intensive campaign. For instance, the organizational meeting taking place:

Saturday, Apr. 12, 2:00 p.m.
@ The Real Living University Training Center
773 Brooksedge Plaza Drive in Westerville

While I was digging around for some info on candidates for the list, I came across Robinson's home address. It turns out he lives 150 feet from my old house in Italian Village. Small world. And speaking of houses, another thing you can do at Robinson's website is get info on hosting a house party for the candidate. The campaign is looking to do lots of these. If you don't want to throw a party at your house, or you just want to meet the world's cutest two year old, I'll be throwing a party for the guy at some point in the next couple of months. Email me if you'd like more info.

A final note on candidates... Our State Senate seat is not up for grabs in '08, but we might end up with a new State Senator anyway. David Goodman is running for the Franklin County Court of Appeals. If he wins this election, the GOP will get to appoint somebody to his seat, giving them the advantage of running an incumbent in 2010 instead of fighting for an open seat in a swing district. Another good reason to vote for his opponent John Connor... It would really tick off Bill O'Reilly.

2) Ads. I've added advertising from the Click2Blue network, which should result in some more appealing pitches than GoogleAds seems to come up with.

3) Random updates and rearranging. I've added Snap link previews and and a beta of blogger's BlogList... I realize most of you are reading the feed and never see anything that goes on in the right and left hand columns, but I hope you'll occasionally surf over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what Mark Dann is running from? Maybe a death wish to follow in Lee Fisher's footsteps as a
1 term attorney general (if he makes it that far!). Who knew Elliott Spitzer could look so good so soon!

Ben said...

I dont think the Dann story is going away any time soon