Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shamansky cracks another big list - CQ Politics

After Bob Shamansky's challenge in OH-12 making the updated list of competetive house races in the National Journal, I did a celebratory post, but noted my frustration that the seat was still listed as "safe republican" in the other major publications tracking house races.
I believe my quote from 54 hours ago was:

...It has been frustrating watching two of the other publications that monitor House races, CQ and the Cook Report, continue to list this seat in that category...

One down one to go. CQ Politics has just upgraded the race from "Safe Republican" to "Republican Favored" (I know, celebrating that a race is 'Republican-Favored' may seem strange and at best fantastically over-optimistic, but it's the trend lines, the big mo that matters here), citing the ability and willingness of Bob to put his money where his mouth is.

Which reminds me, nobody's asking you to put up a million of your own dollars to take back the house, but I'm asking you to please go click to ActBlue, and give 5 or ten bucks to somebody. You'll have to click out again to get to Emily Kreider's donation form, but Bob Shamansky and most of the state office candidates from Strickland on down can take donations directly from that page. There's three weeks until election day, and there's still a lot of work to be done.

Oh, and if you read the CQ article, notice the passage:

" the latest, and one of the least likely, Democrats to elbow his way into competition this year."

Great minds think alike.

p.s. Somebody, Somewhere has to have heard about some polling in this race. Both campaigns must have their own data, but I haven't heard any leaks. If anyone else has heard rumors, or has been sampled by a poll in the field, please drop me a line. Thx.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bev Campbell here. Just want to make sure that you and your readers know that I am accepting contributions through ActBlue. With three weeks left, we have learned that not only are we polling ahead of the incumbent, Jim McGregor but that "they" are scared of us. I cannot imagine why...."I just tell them the truth, and they think it is ____!"