Monday, May 07, 2007

Full Cabinet

It doesn't appear that an official announcement has been made, so I won't step on that, but I have it on good authority that Ted Strickland has finally named a Director for the Department of Mental Health, and that this person was worth the wait.

I'll update this after it goes public.

UPDATE:

It's been released. Sandy Stephenson is the new director at ODMH, starting June 04. A lot of people have been waiting for this apointment (Mental Health just went through the entire biennial appropriations process without a director). I've never met Ms. Stephenson, but I know several people who know her well, and among them the universal reaction to this choice is "fantastic."

I think the transition is now actually complete.

Update #2:

I guess Mark Rollenhagen at the PD liked my title. Either that or we're both just lame.
(edited to change 'Stevenson' to the actual spelling of 'Stephenson.' My apologies.)

No comments: