Monday, May 05, 2008

The relative safety of irresponsibility

With a title like that, I bet you were expecting provocative political discourse. Nope. Although I would be happy to adopt the motto "If you seek provocative political discourse, look about you," not only would that get me kicked out of the ohiosphere, it would be inaccurate today. You probably expected me to be writing about Marc Dann. There's plenty enough being written by others. Jill highlights a quote that I was planning on getting to highlighting (I snozt, I lost), from my state Senator:

“Today, you said you had high hopes for the friends from Youngstown whom you hired. You said that they ‘let you down.’ They paid for that let-down with their jobs. Many voters had high hopes for you. You let them down. And you must pay with your job.”

-State Sen. David Goodman (R-New Albany) in letter to Marc Dann

That pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned. For a differing view, one of the only pro-Dann voices I've seen anywhere popped up in my comments section last week. See here for the Dann Pep Talk Comment.

No, the relative safety of irresponsibility refers to a children's party I was at this weekend, in which kids were warned about the dangers of responsibility:



Happy Monday.

No comments: